- Network definition.
- Types of the network.
- Local area network.
- Campus area network.
- Wireless area network.
- Wide area network.
- Metropolitan area network.
- Storage area network.
- Personal area network.
- Desk area network.
Network definition – computer internet is a network that is a large combination of a group of online-offline network systems and client-server network hardware software. A network that connects or organizes online or offline network resources, hardware, and software facilities, locally or globally. An efficient network is an efficient network where there is a better setup of different network equipment or devices and a combination of multiple network devices. Like, hubs, switches, repeaters, routers, cables, connectors, and many more are other network components. Where network forms or combines two different words. here is the first net, which is related to the world of internet. And the second is the work, which is to work from home, office or any place. Where a computer network is an infrastructure or basic platform. Which interconnects many different network system architectures and makes the network possible. Typically, a network connects all types of local or global network devices or combinations of network components. As such, here you will find some of the popular network type categories given below. That is, local area network, campus area network, metropolitan area network, wide area network, virtual private network, or perhaps small han (home area network), pan (personal area network), and many other types of the network currently exist. Or are designed by the network designer.
Types of computer networks.
- Lan – local area network.
- Can – campus area network.
- Wlan– wireless local area network.
- Wan – wide area network.
- Man – metropolitan area network.
- San – storage area network.
- Pan – personal area network.
- Dan – desk area network.
Local area networking (lans) – lan is abbreviated as local area network. Which are spread or designed in a small geographical area or place. Where the lan network is specifically designed to have a range of at least 2 km to work with any locally connected network client. Where in an area distance of up to 2 km, you can connect the local area network with lan cables to cable offices, buildings, homes, organizations, premises, and other places. Generally, lan networks are designed to share valuable system or network resources among office customers, especially for government offices, organizations, and small level departments. Where you can share files, files, folders, documents, audios, videos, and other critically valuable computer digital documents online or offline at 10 mbps to 100 mbps, or more 1 gbps bandwidth rate network speeds. you can share valuable data transfer. You can even share valuable computer hardware components among themselves. For example, printers, scanners, storage devices, control group policy, user management, and many other tasks are easily done. For example, lan e-mailing, chatting, remote desktop, there is a connection facility to integrate all clients as a single-user work environment. Here you will need a windows terminal, lan cable, switch, hub, network operating system for a better design lan network. Here your lan network can be set up commercially or non-commercially. Even you don’t need any authority to setup permission for lan.
Lan configuration for the client.
- At least pentium computer 4 must-have intel core i3, i5, i7 intel-based microprocessor.
- Ram should be 1 gb or more 4 or 8 gb.
- The system should have an installed inbuilt onboard or external lan/ethernet card.
- Active client should have a unique network ip address.
- Operating system (windows 7, windows 10, or windows 11) for lan computer client should be there.
- Requires one or more lan network cables.
- Must have a high-resolution graphics card.
- Must have the latest web browser, eg (internet explorer, mozilla firefox, or google chrome).
The main advantage of lan networking.
- Network control between all connected networking clients becomes easy.
- Valuable multiple connected computer networks can share hardware equipment.
- Servers or root networks can share installed software equipment.
- Can share data and resources with the system at a very high speed.
- The cost of connecting all client computers to lan networking is very low.
- Anyone who has a little bit of networking knowledge can easily set up lan networking.
Disadvantages of lan networking.
- Sometimes we have to pay high hardware costs for network hardware.
- Many lan network sharing involves very expensive software costs.
- Sometimes we have to buy expensive network equipment for high speed and device performance.
- Normally a high standard lan network setup cost is high.
Metropolitan area network, (man) – man is abbreviated as metropolitan area network. Which is the bigger extended version of the lan network. Where the lan network is designed and dedicated for specific tasks in the 2 km range. The man network here is dedicated to the working range between 5 kms to 50 kms of geographical areas. Where generally, the main network interconnects some small-scale lan network clusters on a larger scale to form the main network. Where the main network is connected by high-speed backbone fiber optic links for information and data sharing. Where most of the main networks are officially established by government agencies only. There is a massive man organization network covering vast geographical areas of your city or town. Obviously, the man network is much larger in size than the lan network. But wan is much smaller in size than the world wide area network. Where if a man wants to build or design a network. So he will need its permission on an official basis.
The main advantage of the man network.
- Here we can easily share data and information over the large geographical area through a high-speed network system in the main network.
- Here we create large areas to cover or create the desired man network connection.
- Easy to connect to other network client nodes the main network system makes it very easy to connect and operate a large amount of network databases.
Main disadvantages of man network.
- Where many times we have to face complexity and many other problems in designing a large-scale man network.
- The more hardware costs involved in designing the man network, the more expensive the cables, and connectors, the software costs, the more expensive the equipment purchases critical to the operation of its subsystem network.
- Sometimes there is a complexity to secure sharing of data packet leak information in the network.
Wide area network (wan) – where the small scale network constitutes the lan, man, can, wan network to form the wide area network. Where wan network is abbreviated as a globally spread wide area network, and this network operates online on a global scale or around the world. Where wide-area networks connect large countries or continents through local and global network systems. Where the public network makes up the wan network on a large scale. The internet network here is the best example of a wide-area network. Which is designed to interconnect small networks. here it is lan (local area network), can (campus area network), man (metropolitan area network), pan (personal area network), han (home area network) or san (storage area network) network and many other networks wide area maybe part of the network. Where wan connects computers or network clients across continental countries as a client-server architecture, and provides various online network services. As such, web pages, websites, hypertext information, have become possible in the shape of the worldwide internet today.
The main feature of the wan network.
- Here you can connect computers around the world to your client or server computers, then you can share connected devices and components, access, and control large network systems.
- Where you are able to connect country, continent, small geographic and large area through wan network.
- Where wan networks connect networks smaller in size to global lan, man, and other types of local network systems.
- Wan is generally a complex network. Which provides you lan, can, man network connectivity in comparison to less network bandwidth during network connection.
Some advantages of the wan network.
- It is easier to connect large areas of the network to share, access, and connect network resources and information.
- Connect to all world continents and network systems to access all kinds of network queries.
- Connected network devices make it easy to access wan services on any network system.
Some disadvantages of the wan network.
- Where wan is a large network, it is very difficult or complicated to manage and manage it.
- Where this slow network, high error, difficulty in accessing or accessing search elements, sometimes web user can’t reach the search result desired and other unnecessary online link information.
- Where no person or entity can claim public ownership of a wide area network system.
- The wan network is a large network of the world system. Therefore, it takes some more time for the client and server elements to access, search, and access.
Home area network (han) – home area network is designed on the basis of user home. Where it connects home electronics devices to digital gadgets, computers, networking equipment, home security systems, cellphones, video games, television, wi-fi devices, and all other peripheral devices used by home users, and devices that connect to the home can range of area networks connect into the. Where after building a proper home area network you are now fully capable of sharing important data and hardware devices.
Some of the main advantages of the han network.
- Here you create a homegroup network of users in your home to share and access network databases and information at an affordable rate.
- Connect to and share files, folders, movies, audio, video, projects, data, and other important information in your home over the high-speed network in your home.
- Connect wired and wireless network devices here to connect to your multiple other systems or networks.
- Interconnect internet and share multiple device connectivity and network web information over han networks.
Some of the main disadvantages of the han network.
- Home area networks sometimes in larger home networks, the network becomes problematic when handling administrative tasks, sharing and implementing heavy web resources, and heavy-duty network data.
- The cost of hardware peripherals, network equipment, cables, and connectors to build a home area network is very high.
- Configuring connected network nodes and hardware devices to connect and troubleshoot is a complex process.
- Sometimes it disturbs the entire network due to broken cables and damaged network wires, and then it becomes difficult for you to handle this large network.
Personal area network (pan) – pan network is abbreviated as (personal area network). Which is an informally designed network between individuals, relatives, individuals. Where you share common things for a mutual purpose. Where it enables us to connect multiple home appliances. Including electronic gadgets like cell phones, headphones, laptops, desktops, printers, faxes, wireless stereo phones, bluetooth devices, wi-fi devices, etc. Here you have a personal area network that is specially dedicated to communication in a small range. In addition, you make it easy to share all your desired data and resources and transfer them between all connected network devices.
Some advantages of pan network.
- Here you share some essential information and data between your smartphone, cellphone, pda, digital camera, and other electronic gadgets.
- The advantage of using a pan network is that it is a completely wireless network. This means, there is no need for you to act like a wired device in a fixed position. Where every internet user is able to share wireless data and signal online over a specific range of a few meters.
- Any home user uses a secure home network using wireless communications. Therefore, only authenticated home users can access and control these networks.
Some disadvantages of pan network.
- Buying an expensive wireless network device and its components, it is more expensive than a wired network.
- When communicating network services and sharing data and resources, there are more opportunities for some illegal users to hand over some important information between network clients.
- Remember, a pan network is a fully wireless device or network connection controlled and operated by human or computer users. Sometimes long-term network users face some health issues and complications while working with radio signals or wireless frequencies.
Storage area network (san) – abbreviated as san (storage area network) is a dedicated client-server network designed to store resources and data. Where the storage area network can be local or even global. It depends on the nature of its storage data types. Where san network transfers data and information between dedicated networks. Especially recommended for all users where the storage area is networked. Those who need to secure reliable and high-speed network data and information sharing at all times. Where the storage area network is created by large industry, large organization, company, or firm. They dedicate their own customized servers to their network. Where network users can access hardware resources in smaller storage networks, use local storage media and optical devices, etc.
Some benefits of the san network.
- Share and store highly confidential data and information with connected customers.
- Where they improve data connectivity, data integrity, data security, and data communication between connected clients.
- Easy to back up and restore data. Even you can control the connected clients anytime in the network system with administrative privileges.
- Share high-speed data cables for long distances using fiber cables in this network communication.
Some disadvantages of the san network.
- You must have the skills to install the hardware components, cost of fiber optic cable, and operate these network components.
- The operation, control, and management of these large networks are much more complex.
- A large network is needed to customize, manage and control the services, applications, and its features.
Wireless network – wireless network means any type of network digital communication between electronic networks and other connected network gadgets possible without any physical wiring. Where wireless network communication is the complete new wireless replacement of the old wired pstn (public switched network) network communication. Generally, wireless networks spread a radio wave. Which connects many wireless gadgets together in some limited range, and enables the communication between wireless devices. Exchanges information with connected system resources in a more secure way. Where it is the wireless communication between a cellphone, smartphone, wi-fi, infrared, bluetooth device, microwave, and terrestrial wireless network. Here the wireless network is a large-scale combination of wpan (wireless personal area network), wlan (wireless local area network), wman (wireless metropolitan area network), cellular network (cellphone mobile network). Where wireless frequency transfers wireless data and network service between two wireless devices over wireless services between both wireless devices. Like wireless laptops and wireless cellphones, their wireless service includes the use of wi-fi, bluetooth service to exchange information. Where radioactive wave propagation communicates wirelessly with other wireless devices.
The advantage of a wireless network.
- It is easy to connect wireless networks or devices within a specific range of meters. As far as passwords or other network authentication services are used to access and use wireless networks.
- A reliable, accurate, flexible, and fast information exchange network between a connected client and its user.
- Generally, the names of wireless devices are connected to smart cellphones, wireless laptops, notebooks, bluetooth devices, pdas, digital cameras, and other easy-to-network devices.
- It is easy to connect and disconnect one or more network nodes and devices after providing and accessing discovery information.
- You do not need any other plug and play device to access or connect to wireless network components, install additional hardware or software, use infrared, bluetooth, and wi-fi.
The disadvantage of the wireless networks.
- Sometimes wireless networks face the complex problem of insecure, lack of information access, control, and integrity issues.
- In network systems it is more expensive to buy expensive wireless devices named pdas, notebooks, smart cell phones, digital cameras, and other electronic gadgets.
- Wireless devices tend to cost, operate in limited areas, limited user connectivity and authentication, have low speeds, and have security issues with wireless networks.
Node – in the context of computer networking. Where a node can be network computers and network printers and perhaps other devices according to internet protocol. Where the node can also be an ip address or dlc (data link control) or mac (media access control) address location. According to the networking node, it is a two-terminal and interconnects network devices. Where node plays an important role in interconnecting two networking component devices.
Host – the host computer plays an important role in providing services to remote login terminals. Where the host can be local or global, the host can be a computer. Which is globally connected to tcp/ip network and provides network services. Where the host computer serves the world of the connected local-global computers widely. Where the host provides web processing services around the world. Controls the installed connected client host as a network administrator. Web hosting is part of many hosting companies, and provides hosting services for web server customers. Where they upload the customer website web page online for the required consumer. Many web hosting companies charge monthly fees for hosting services.
Workstation – workstation is the general term for all those network users. Those who work from a specific workstation or terminal for a company or industry. Here’s the best example of your client-server workstation. Where a workstation is a personal computer for tasks related to development, software processing. Where computer designing workstation has all the capabilities to process, manage, control the desired information in the context of computer networking or internet workstation. Where is a special type of computer, set up to receive resources from a web server, and store data on the main server. Even a workstation can be a client terminal. The server that processes www resource data and information. Where basic workstation has more hardware capacity ram, graphics, microprocessor more hardware and software capacity.
Bandwidth – the bandwidth network rate used to measure the maximum and minimum data transfer rates of your internet connection’s current online bandwidth. Where you can check how much data transfer can be sent or received at a given time in an active internet connection. Where bandwidth refers to data transfer, data rate transfers from source to destination at a specific moment in a limited period of time. Here if you have a dial-up connection than data rate less bandwidth. And if you are using a high-speed broadband internet connection. So here the network data transfer bandwidth will be high. Even the bandwidth speed depends on the installed modem hardware-software support.
Network administrator – a network administrator is a system person. Network administrators who control network maintenance, monitor network, and network data, manage network service, allocate network resources, protect network connections, and modify and perform other auditing-related network policies. is responsible for. Where the network administrator is responsible for setting up network software, hardware, network services, takes a regular backup, and protects network security. and more network services meet all client network goals.
Network security – network security protects your network environment. Hypertext information when the user shares, uploads, downloads, surfing the web, every time you connect to a computer in the network. let’s processing network security includes protecting your personal computer from any virus, hacking, worm, trojan horse, network attack, unauthorized access, spyware. It protects and creates a secure environment, even denial of service attacks, network theft from the outside world.
Network – a network is a group of computers, or a combination of large networks world-popular network database warehouses. Where data and information are local area networks, metropolitan area networks, wide area networks, including small sub-networks. May be part of these networks. Where we can use the network to share, access, provide electronic documents and content in the shape of an http document. Where is the design structure of these small networks of worldwide area network information systems. Which is a large network for communication and sharing of resources.
Components – network components are required for network hardware components. Which is needed to access and control network services and network roles. Here are the different types of network components you will see and be found in larger networks. Where each network hardware component is setup for a specific purpose. Where network interface cards, routers, hubs, switches, modems, network cables, connectors, and other categories of components may be part of a network component.
Servers – server is a collection of hardware-software network resource components. Which provides network services and resources for its customers. Where the network server or server designs or manages the network service for the client. Generally, server computer hardware is a powerful machine combination of computer software. Which is more high specification than client computer. Where network servers are designed to offer network services, a worldwide server may be a network file server, web server, print server, proxy server, ftp server, mail server, database server, game server, and other types of servers in this category.
Clients – the client is the network service resource consumer. He consumes internet service online with a network environment connected to the internet. Where the client can run client applications on their terminal workstations to receive www resources online in a client-server architecture. Even client has always requested for resources and server service response.